My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai, India

February 11, 2007

Shane – God’s gracious gift

The call I heard, one fine day,
As the Lord, He spoke to me.
I didn’t know where I was heading, then,
But He showed me where I was meant to be.

He unveiled His plans, with a path to match,
As I let Him guide me along.
I asked Him for the gifts of judgment and wisdom,
To help me pick, right from the wrong.

He said to me, “Shane, you are my chosen one”,
“A shepherd, to all of my sheep.
Far from the evil ways and works of this world,
Safe, my people, you must keep.”

A prayer I make to the Lord above,
“Give me the strength, each day,
Be at my side, through darkness and light,
As I tread on my mission today.”

On this grand day, as I pledge my vows,
My commitment to the Lord to keep,
I’ll remember that I’m Shane - His gracious gift,
He’s my Master, and His people, my sheep!



This verse was composed for Fr. Shane Verghese, on the occassion of his Holy Ordination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home